- iphone user: *minding his own business*
- android user: AHH look what we got here, another Apple Fanboy!
- iphone user: im not really a fanboy
- android user: let me guess, you just came back from snapchatting steve jobs's grave
- iphone user: hey man thats in poor taste
- android user: good luck getting your $300 jizz box to do what my Samsung G4TMX can *pulls out very large phone*
- iphone user: it's quite large
- Android user: you should see the stylus. it's a legit pencil! *tries to grab stylus, drops massive phone, it falls and lands on a chipmunk, breaking its neck*
- iphone user: oh my god!
- android user: oh my god is right! *picks up samsung* not a scratch on it. now thats some good engineering
Hehe equality right?
Do you not understand the purpose of this, or why the prices are what they are? Does this need to be explained to you?
Oh yea right, the famous “wage gap” between men and women that has been debunked tons of times! That sure is the right argument to fight sexism with!
Not debunked, misrepresented, as it is a complicated issue. It’s honestly more accurate to call it a PAY gap than a WAGE gap, since there are a myriad of factors at play here. Women DO, on average, make less money than men. That is indisputable, and the margins widen when you include factors of race, disability, and sexuality.
IF you would like some more in depth reading:
So yes, the bake sale above is a pretty simplistic little stunt about a complicated economic and social issue. But the fact that it pisses people off sort of makes its point for it.
Excellent primary sources for those concerned about sex based oppression/ how men continually benefit from female subjugation also I would really like one of those Vegan cupcakes